Shortbread Recipe

 

Do you have that one person in your house who just doesn't appreciate all the fancy cookies you get at Christmas? Do you have someone who asks if you can just make something simple? Would you like to try your hand at making simple yet delicious and stunning cookies? Well, then, Shortbread are for you! They are simple, fun, and beautiful. So tie on your apron and lets get started! 

Ingredients:
2 c. butter
1 c. sugar (1/2 brown 1/2 icing)
1/4 tsp. vanilla
4 c. flour (4 Tbsp. rice flour)
Cream butter and sugar until fluffy. Add vanilla. Add flour in four portions, mix well in between each addition. Beat until fluffy. (the dough needs to be beaten very well so that it will go through the cookie press.)
Use a cookie press to put onto pans. 
Bake at 350 F or 325 F convection for 8-10 minutes or until firm but not dark. 


Drizzle with white and chocolate chips. Sprinkle with coarse sugar.   




Comments

  1. You make me want Christmas baking.
    Ye shall have to bake more for Omnibus for me 😁😂

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will have to try making those they look really good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
  3. Very good recipe ❤ Just made them today!
    My batter was very crumbly, so I did use my hands to pack it together.
    And since we don't have a cookie press, I rolled it out (small sections as a time) with my hands, and used a circle cookie cutter, and they turned out great.
    I also put coarse sugar sprinkles on top before baking, and they stuck on, instead of falling off constantly and making a mess!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad they turned out for you! The reason that they were crumbly may have been that you did not beat them enough...

      Delete
    2. Okay, thanks Tasha.
      I did beat it for a long time, but I used a hand beater, not a mixer, would that affect it too? I don't like using mixers, too much to clean up afterwards 😂

      Delete
    3. Using a hand mixer could affect it. If you use a hand mixer, you need to beat it for an extremely long time so that it is very fluffy.

      Delete
    4. Thanks Tash!
      I shall have to make them again, they're almost gone!

      Delete

Post a Comment